On February 4, 2015, J.J. Fuds once again expanded an earlier recall of its products to include all lots of its Chicken Tender Chunks, Beef Tender Chunks, and Duckling Tender Chunks Pet Food. The reason for the recall was listed as possible contamination of the product with Salmonella and Listeria.
The products that are a part of the recall include:
- All 5-lb bags of J.J. Fuds Premium Natural Blends Chicken Tender Chunks with UPC number 654592-345935.
- All 10-lb bags of Premium Natural Blends Chicken Tender Chunks with UPC 654592-345805.
- All 5-lb bags of Premium Natural Blends Beef Tender Chunks with UPC 654592-345942.
- All 10-lb bags of Premium Natural Blends Beef Tender Chunks with UPC 654592-345757.
- All 5-lb bags of Premium Natural Blends Duckling Tender Chunks with UPC 654592-345928.
- All 10-lb bags of Premium Natural Blends Duckling Tender Chunks with UPC 654592-345737.
The recalled products were distributed in the states of Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.
Listeria can cause such symptoms as fever, headache, nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and muscle stiffness. Salmonella, can cause similar symptoms, including diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, and fever. If pet owners believe they or their pets have been infected by either Listeria or Salmonella, they should seek the advice of a health professional.
Return any unused portion of the product in a sealed bag to the retailer for a full refund. Pet owners can also contact J.J. Fuds via their website or via phone at 1-888-432-5873 for more information.